Validation of Operating Theatres
|Protection Factor Measurement of Operating Rooms|
The new guideline DIN 1946-4:2008 Room Air Technology – Part 4: ‘Room air conditioning equipment in buildings and rooms of public health sector’ describes a test procedure on determination of a protection factor in operating theatres considering the following:
- inclusion of German standard VDI 2167, guideline SWKI 99-3 of Swiss assoziation of building services engineering engineers
- simulation of inner and outer contaminations
- simulation of flow bodies (OP-table, OP-lamp, dummies) and heat sources
Following equipment is required for performing according testing:
- Aerosol Generator ATM 226
- Aerosol Distribution and Dilution System ADD 536 with 6 aerosol outlets
- Clean Room Particle Counter LAP 340, for determination of particle number concentrations
The advantage of the Aerosol Distribution and Dilution System ADD 536 is its ability to have a combined aerosol distribution and dilution. For performing these validation tests only an aerosol generator and a particle counter is needed additionally.
By means of the control and data acquisition software OPQWin it is possible to create detailed test protocols.
|Equipment for protection grade measurements acc. to DIN 1946-4 and SWKI 99-3||Setup for protection grade measurements in OP-rooms|
ATM 226 - Clean Room Aerosol Generator
Generation of the required DEHS reference aerosol with highest long-term stability and reproducibility.
Supply of high transport air flow, with initial aerosol added into it. Distribution of this test aerosol to 6 aerosol outlets. Direct connection of a particle counter for monitoring the particle production rate by means of a device internal aerosol dilution.
LAP 340 - Cleanroom Particle Counter
For controlling on correct and constant reference particle production rate as well as particle number concentration measurement at related measuring points at operating table. This results in a calculated protection factor.