The Process Aerosol Photometer PAP 610 was developed from Topas for measurements of mass concentration in blow-by aerosols, where the concentration is determined in-situ. This measuring instrument is an addition to the Gravimetric Measurement System GMS 141 which is also provided by Topas and used for calibrating the PAP 610.
- High time-resolution transmittance measurement with 2 wavelengths
- Temperature compensation of electronic assembly
- Simple cleaning of process windows
- Heatable measurement chamber (maximum temperature limited by a safety temperature limiter)
- Seals of FKM/FPM (oil- and temperature-resistant)
- Windows software PAPWin for calibration, configuration and data acquisition
- Transmittance measurement of oil aerosol for crank case ventilation in combustion engines
- Concentration monitoring of aerosol generators on oil mist test stands (SPT 140)
- In-line monitoring of aerosol separators (oil mist separator testing)
- Monitoring of mean particle size of submicron aerosols
A highly concentrated aerosol passes through an extinction of light arrangement and causes a light decrease of the incident light in propagation direction.
It may be shown that is possible to draw conclusions about the concentration and mean particle size of the aerosol by measuring light decrease for two different wavelengths.
A direct indicator for the particle size is the extinction ratio.
|Principle of measurement||transmittance|
|Optical path length||preferably 300 mm|
|Wavelengths||875 nm and 470 nm|
|Pipe connection diameter||DN 28 mm|
|Aerosol contacting materials||aluminium, FKM, glass, stainless steel|
|Heatable measurement chamber||max. 110 °C|
|230 V AC / 50 Hz,
600 W, 3 A
|Power supply PAP 610||24 V / 200 mA
(power supply unit,
100-240 VAC / 50-60 Hz / 200 mA)
|Dimensions (L x Ø)||560 mm x 76 mm|
|Weight||approx. 6 kg|