Liquid Nebulizer / Aerosol Generators
ATM 210, 210/H
- Pressure resistant up tp 10bar
The Atomizer Aerosol Generator ATM 210 is used especially for nebulizing of test aerosols into pressurized vessels up to 10 bar. Its design ensures the generation of highly stable particle size distribution and concentration with high reproducibility and a high aerosol output in accordance with the guideline VDI 3491.
- Aerosol generation into pressurised vessels up to 10bar
- Polydisperse aerosol mainly below 1µm (e.g. DEHS)
- Excellent stable particle size distribution
- Defined and high particle number concentration
The generator is suitable for nebulisation of various liquids, e.g. PAO (Emery 3004), DEHS. It can also be used to disperse PSL suspensions. The collision nebulizer ATM 210 is designed for use with an external pressurised air supply. Pressure reducer and manometer are so positioned that the nebulizer can be easily and safely operated. The liquid reservoir is arranged inside the chassis of the generator.
For safety requirements a protection valve has been added to the liquid reservoir that opens at pressures of over 15 bar. All fluid components are certified for pressures up to 20 bar. For filling the atomizer vessel with the liquid to be sprayed can be opened easily and quickly with a bayonet lock.
- Testing of HEPA and ULPA filter media
- Clean room measurements and certification of laminar flow boxes
- Generation of tracer particle at low flow rates
- Visualization of flows
- Aerosol liquids DEHS (80 ml, 0.5 l, 1 l, 5 l or 20 l)
- Further aerosol liquids e.g. PAO (Emery 3004) on request
- Suspensions of certificated PSL-reference particles for calibration measurement
The essential part of the ATM 210 is a new atomizer nozzle made completely of stainless steel. It works as a two-stream nozzle based on the injection principle and is combined with a baffle placed close to the spray outlet. This integrated particle impaction section removes coarse spray droplets and results in a number dependent particle size distribution mainly below 1 µm. With increasing flow rates the cut point of the impactor is improved, but in the submicrometer range that has only slight influence on the particle size distribution of the aerosol.
The necessary compressed air is cleaned by a HEPA-filter. A pressure reducer and a manometer facilitate regulation of the atomizer pressure between 0 and 15bar. A level indicator outside the atomizer vessel allows the user to check the liquid level during operation.
||1.4..6.9 1010 #/s
||Max. 15 bar (217 psi)
||Max. 15 bar (217 psi)
|Operating time without refill:
||approx. 25 h
||approx. 20 h
|Size (H x L x W):
||150 mm x 220 mm x 230mm
||220 mm x 280 mm x 275mm
||DEHS, PAO, paraffin oil, PSL, suspensions
Aerosol specification for DEHS
|0.3 – 0.5 µm:
|0.5 – 1.0 µm:
||0.1 ..0.5 µm