Liquid Nebulizer / Aerosol Generators
ATM 230, 231
- High output, max. 20g/h
The Atomizer Aerosol Generator ATM 230 produces droplet aerosols with known properties according to the guideline VDI 3491. Its design and technical solution warrants highly constant particle size distribution as well as particle concentration with high reproducibility and a high aerosol output.
The generator enables to atomize various liquids, for example PAO (Emery 3004), DEHS, salt solutions, PSL-standards suspensions.
The collision nebulizer ATM 230 is designed as a serial instrument with a external pressure-air supply. Operating controls are so installed, that the instrument can be easily and safely operated.
The liquid reservoir is arranged inside the chassis of the generator.
For safety requirements a protection valve has been added to. This will open at approximately 0.5 bar and below to avoid pressurizing the liquid reservoir.
- Polydisperse aerosol mainly below 1 µm
- Excellent constant particle size distribution
- Defined and high particle number concentration
- By varying of nozzle pressure adjusting of particle number concentration in a wide range
- Testing of HEPA and ULPA filter media
- Clean room measurements and certification of laminar flow boxes
- Generation of tracer particle at low flow rates
- Visualization of flows
- Test aerosol liquid DEHS (80 ml, 0.5 l, 1 l, 5 l or 20 l)
- Further aerosol substances e.g. PAO (Emery 3004) on request
Theatomizer is the key part of the ATM 230. It is made of high quality stainless steel and works as a two-stream nozzle, based on the injection principle. The unique feature is that the outlet points towards the wall of the glass vessel which works as the baffle plate. This particle impaction section removes coarse spray droplets and results in a particle size distribution mainly below 1µm. The compressed air is cleaned by a HEPA-filter before it is introduced to the atomizer.
In the aerosol generator ATM 231 a Laskin nozzle is used to ensure setting of very low mass flows with very high reproducibility
|Particle number concentration
|Compressed air supply:
||max. 8 bar (115 psi)
||max. 2.5 bar (36 psi)
|Mass flow rate (DEHS):*
||max. 20 g/h
||max. 3.5 g/h
||220mm x 280mm x 275mm
||DEHS, PAO (Emery 3004), Paraffin oil, Saline solutions, Latex suspensions
Aerosol specfication for DEHS
|0.3 – 0.5µm:
|0.5 – 1.0µm:
||0.1 .. 0.5 µm