At the FST 144 the air flow velocities between 1-40 m/s and turbulences in the outlet of flowed through units under test can be measured. Through this, a good position for flow velocity measuring devices (for example MAFs) in flowed through parts (for example motor inlet filters) can be found easier, taking into consideration a range of air flow rates. The data created by the flow scanner can also be used to check models for flow simulation.
Filter Test Stands / Complete Filters
FST 144 - FST 144 Flow Scan Tester
- Wide range of air flow rates 20-900 m³/h (possible up to 1200 m³/h)
- Up to 100 hPa of pressure drop over unit under test and periphery (connectors, hoses)
- Fast data acquisition (turbulences) and graphic display of data
- Development of filter housings and air-ducting elements in general
- Comparison of models for flow simulation with measured values
- Hot wire anemometer set
- Picoscope (PC-oscilloscope)
Air is blown through the test specimen and the velocity field is measured on the downstream side with the aid of a hot-wire anemometer. This automatically scans a plane in the air outlet by means of a traversing device.
|dilution factor:||max. 100 hPa|
|pressure drop:||20-900 m³/h|
|filter category:||max. 485mm x 600mm|
|flow rate:||1-40 m/s|
|dimensions (w x h x d):||250 x 266 x 130 cm|