Aerosol Spectrometer / Particle Counter / Photometer
- Process Aerosol Monitor
The Process Aerosol Monitor PAM 510 determines in realtime the average particle size and number concentration in high-concentration, monodisperse aerosols.
The Condensation Aerosol Generators SLG 250/270 from Topas produce such monodisperse aerosols in the size range from 0.2 to 8 µm. Both particle size and particle concentration to be generated can be quickly adjusted. The Process Aerosol Monitor PAM 510 was developed for realtime measurement of the parameters mean particle size and particle number concentration. The instrument can directly be connected to the outlet of the aerosol generator series SLG. The system is well suitable for instrument calibration and aerosol research.
- Highly innovative instrument for online measurements of aerosols
- Simultaneous determination of particle size as well as particle number concentration
- Particle concentration is determined independendly of the refractive index (extinction coefficient)
- Wide measuring range (104…107 particle/cm3, 0.5…10 µm)
- Serial interface to computer available
- Continuous control of aerosols
- Monitoring of aerosol generators / aerosol generation
Particles of a highly concentrated aerosol streaming through a measuring cell where a light beam is crossed, cause light extinction.
By measuring of average transmission and their fluctuation, the particle number concentration can be calculated independendly of the refractive index of the aerosol material to be analysed.
With the known refractive index the calculation of an average particle size can be performed simultaneously.
||Light extinction measuring setup with transmission and fluctuation analysis (online measurement)
|cle size range
|Particle concentration range
||12 V/DC, 200 mA (AC adapter)
||3 mW, =780 nm, laser diode
||10 l/h…500 l/h
|Sheath air flowrate
||max. 3 kPa (30 mbar)
||200 mm x 235 mm x 60 mm